Struggling to cut through the noise on BeatStars? Don’t worry, we have you covered. Check out our top tips below for succeeding on the BeatStars Marketplace:
1. Consistency is Key 🔑
Whether you're uploading twice a week, or daily, stick to a schedule you can commit to and stay consistent. Do this for one year, and you are almost guaranteed positive results.
2. Offer Licenses 📝
To give yourself the best opportunity to convert sales, offer a license tier for all budgets. MP3 licenses are typically the cheapest, offering the lowest quality file and smaller streams and downloads. You can utilize file types, streams, downloads, and more to scale your licenses up. Outside of an exclusive license, the most expensive non-exclusive license includes MP3, WAV, and track stems.
3. Use Short, Concise Titles 💯
You can brand your store and music with titles. One to two-syllable words are the easiest to remember usually, plus they only take up a little room on desktop, mobile, and other platforms when you promote.
4. Add Imagery to Your Music 🎨
It's easier to find a common theme with your artwork for your beats, loops, kits, and more. Whether that's a particular color scheme you use or an aesthetic in your designs, this imagery can help people relate to your music even before they hear it.
5. Utilize All BeatStars Features 🛠
Using our features (playlists, albums, sound kits, etc.) gives you a better chance of being found. Take playlists, for example; if someone searches for your name in the playlist search bar and you don't have any playlists created, nothing will populate for that search. You are losing traffic and potential sales. There are searches for every feature, minus tracklists (blaze player + Pro Page only) and memberships.
6. Gain More Visibility Using BeatStars Promote 📈
If you want to drive more engagement for your tracks, gain more followers, or increase your potential track sales, BeatStars Promote is the quickest way to get there. Promoting a track, album, or profile through BeatStars Promote unlocks the attention of millions of potential fans and buyers. Promoted content on BeatStars cuts through the noise and appears at the top of 'Trending Searches,' 'Who to Follow,' 'Recommended Members,' and 'Top Charts.' That way, your art is the first thing BeatStars site visitors see.
7. Track Your Music With Beat ID 📍
Your beats, samples, and songs are probably generating more opportunities than you know. For just $2 per track for one-time tracking or monthly for ongoing tracking, use Beat ID to discover placement opportunities, track illegal use of your music, and unlock other historical data to learn where your work has been used. Sign up for the BeatStars ‘Professional’ plan here to receive FREE monthly Beat ID credits!
8. Interact With Your Audience 👥
This can bring numerous benefits to your business. Here are some key advantages:
- Increased Brand Awareness: Engaging with your audience allows your music to reach a wider audience on Marketplace, exposing your music to their network of connections.
- Customer Loyalty and Trust: Responding to customer inquiries, comments, and messages shows that your business values its customers. This builds trust and fosters loyalty, as customers appreciate a brand that listens and cares about their needs.
- Feedback and Insights: Marketplace interactions provide valuable feedback from customers about your music creations. These insights can be used to improve your offerings and address issues promptly.
- Community Building: Active engagement helps in creating a sense of community around your business. By responding to comments and encouraging discussions, you can create a space where customers feel comfortable interacting with each other and your business.
- Increased Website Traffic: Engaging content on BeatStars Marketplace can drive users to visit your online storefront, potentially leading to increased conversions and sales.
9. Maintain Your Business Storefront 🏬
Make your storefront full by adding all features and set licenses for Playlists, Tracks, Albums, Sound Kits, and Services on BeatStars. As well, using specific hashtags for your music on Marketplace can help it gain more exposure when customers search up those specific tags when shopping. Lastly, we recommend checking out these marketing integrations to help level up your business: Canva | Mailchimp | TubeBuddy | Printful
That’s it! Follow these tips for best practices on BeatStars and to set your business up for long term success.