Software Development Manager/Senior Developer (Job Opening)
Software Development Manager/Senior Developer
BeatStars is a social music marketplace and distribution company. Music Producers and Recording Artists collaborate, sell, distribute and share their music worldwide. BeatStars prides itself in being the “People’s” platform by giving artists the transparency they need to maintain a healthy music career.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager/Senior Developer to lead and mentor a distributed team of developers as well as being a key contributor in the development of our next generation leading edge platforms.
- Manage and guide software engineering teams in a fast-moving, high-stakes Agile environment.
- Be the technical lead for an Engineering team creating dynamic, pixel-perfect web pages/modules
- Lead code reviews to ensure superior quality across the entire team.
- Monitor performance and progress, and solve problems that arise along the way.
- Contribute to the team’s technical output: write code, architect, and debug issues.
- Help set, measure, and meet organizational strategy, goals, and key metrics.
- Hold regular check-in, development, and/or technical guidance conversations with associates you lead.
Experience & Skills
- BS in Computer Science
- At least 4 years of experience managing software engineering teams in developing customer-facing web applications.
- Responsible for establishing coding standards, doing code reviews, mentoring remote developers, and providing technical oversight of web development.
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks like JQuery and AngularJS and REST API’s.
- Experience with Node.js or other event-driven I/O server frameworks.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and service-based architecture.
- Experience with responsive UI and templating.
- Restful web services, service-oriented architectures.
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with version control systems, particularly Git.
- Experience with the Agile development process.
- Hands-on experience with developing automated tests.
- At least 1 year of experience delivering software in the AWS cloud including Jenkins pipelines and Ngnix configs.
BeatStars is an equal opportunity employer maintaining a diverse workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our society and our authors. BeatStars recruits and hires without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic information, height or weight, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please email resumes to: email@example.com