Check out the newest additions and updates to the BeatStars Marketplace as of October 19th, 2021.
The BeatStars Engineering Team has been hard at work the last few years getting the BeatStars platform prepared for the next generation of tools and services that will support the creative community for many years to come. As we make these massive updates, there are also some growing pains with migrating huge amounts of data that may result in some temporary disruption of service. This is normal. So again, we thank you for bearing with us as we move BeatStars into the future.
Over the next several months, you will begin to see some industry first features and technology, but most importantly the rebuilding of our backend infrastructure. You may not necessarily see these changes on the frontend, but these updates are just as important as we continue innovating, securing and deploying software for the millions in our community to enjoy around the world.
With that being said, some updates were made to the BeatStars Marketplace on October 18th, 2021. We're proud to showcase some of these changes that we have made in this first phase of roll out below.
Main Profile Redesign
- The Seller profile section has now moved to a dedicated column on the far left side with easy access to follow, message, and navigate to main products.
- The main body of the profile page now consists of product carousels, making it easier for users to dive in and discover your tracks, albums, sound kits, services and playlists. These carousel sections can be custom arranged in a near future update - keep your eyes peeled!
- New License selection pop-up with a cleaner and more informative design.
- The Profile Feed has been removed to create a higher focus on your catalog and products. Our goal here was to sacrifice a profile social feed that wasn’t really being used correctly, and instead design a profile page that is more in-line with a music marketplace. We believe this will result in better discovery and in-turn increase revenues for our sellers. NOTE: Reposting content is still available on product pages, and will show up on your followers’ main feed.
We strongly believe that this profile redesign approach will result in increased revenue for our sellers, and also bring much needed light to the other products and services that our sellers are offering.
Tracks Page on Profile
- New and improved Filters powered by artificial intelligence where your listeners can now filter by Genre, Track Type, Price, Mood, Key, Instrument, BPM, Duration, Tags, Energy and Vocal Presence.
- Sort by your custom Default Tracklist, as well as give users the ability to 'Sort by Relevance' and 'Newest Tracks' first. Relevance incorporates personalization for your listeners who engage with certain content the most, and provide a personalized track list based on their listening habits.
- There is now a dedicated search bar on your tracks, giving your listeners the ability to search for keywords within your catalog only.
- Listeners can now sort between List and Grid view, allowing them to navigate your catalog in the view they desire.
Playlist Pages and New Features
- All of the technology powering Playlists have been completely rebuilt on the backend and frontend, providing better performance and scalability.
- Playlists can now contain multiple collaborators. Simply click the 'Collaborator' icon next to the 'Repost' icon to invite other people to add music to your playlist, making it a much more dynamic experience. More features to collaborator and roles will be added in the near future!
- Public, Unlisted and Private modes are now available for Playlists.
- List and Grid view is now available for Playlists.
- Dedicated Search is now available for Playlists.
- You can now add Tags and a Description to Playlists.
- Create Playlist Cover art with the BeatStars Canva integration.
NOTE: Playlists are still being migrated and rolled out, so it may take a couple of days for your previously created playlists to reappear on your profile.
Sound Kits, Services, and Album Pages Redesign
Take a look at our new and improved pages for sound kits, special services, and album listings.
We're looking forward to presenting the BeatStars Community with even more vital and game-changing updates in the near future. Please be sure to keep an eye out for any scheduled maintenance emails in the future, or visit our official Twitter page to stay in-the-know. Thank you once again for your patience, and we look forward to rolling out even more innovative updates to make your music journey a better one.