We are looking for an experienced senior front-end developer with a proven track record of building quality applications to join our development team.
You will be focused on building the UI for a 100% cloud-based platform. You will work closely with the CTO on this high visibility project. You will be asked to show a strong sense of ownership, agility and creativity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop Angular 8 based UI
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Collaborate with development and business requirements team members in an agile environment
- Work with a remote distributed team
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Perform code reviews
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required/Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with CSS extension languages such as Sass, SCSS, stylus, LESS
- Experience with and passion for user-interface design.
- Previous experience working in an Agile development environment
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with modern SCM (preferably Git)
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Prior platform development experience (metadata driven UI) a big plus
- Cloud based (AWS) based development experience is a plus
In order to succeed in this role you should be
- Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories.
- Curious. You aren’t content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
- Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing multiple company objectives and problems.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the product needs.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
- A mentor. You will mentor other developers to help them improve their technical skills.
BeatStars (beatstars.com) is a social music marketplace and distribution company that is reinventing the music collaboration industry. In addition to distributing finished songs, BeatStars’ platform enables music producers and recording artists to collaborate, share, sell, and distribute, any type of musical content (e.g. beats, lyrics, vocals) worldwide. BeatStars allows music creators of all levels to represent their content independently and generate multiple streams of revenue. The platform provides the tools to distribute, monetize, and protect content, allowing music producers, recording artists, songwriters, and beatmakers to collaboratively publish songs in the most efficient and affordable way possible.
How we work?
At Beatstars we believe each employee’s contribution is essential to our overall success. Our engineers are exposed to a wide variety of technologies and we encourage them to learn new skills. Each day brings different challenges, and our team thrives on the variety and intensity of our workplace. It’s a dynamic environment fueled by the energy of our staff.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you’ll be happy here. And more importantly, we’d be honored to hire you.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you’ll be a key member of our growing development team.
We are headquartered in Austin, Texas, but as a distributed company we have employees all over the US, Canada, Portugal and Brazil.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO JOBS@BEATSTARS.COM